Browsar Data- och informationsteknik (CSE) // Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) efter Program "Dataingenjör (180 hp)"
Visar 1 - 20 av 33
Sökresultat per sida
- PostAndroidapplikation för fjärrövervakning av affärskritiska driftsystem(2014) Gustafsson, Anna; Åström, Jonas; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Ilait, a company that provides web-hosting and cloud services exclusively for resellers, has since it started been using a sms-system for sending messages informing the operating staff on call when any of their services stops working as expected. Since this way of sendning alarms to the personell is not flexible nor effective (especially when one error induces several consequential failures), the company was asking for an Android-application that could replace the old system and also make it possible to monitor the systems further. The purpose of this project was therefore to examine the possibilities of server to Android-communication through Google Cloud Messaging, and with this create the desired application for the company. On the other end of this alarm-service a server with some special functions is also needed, but this project is limited to creating the Android-application and will therefore only set up a list of requirements on the server that is going to be used in the future, without furter instructions on how it should be set up in order to live up to these demands. The project resulted in an application which matched the prerequisites and the requirements that had been made, with the exception of some functions that was abandoned after an agreement with the client during the time of the project.
- PostApplication monitoring Analyzing and testing application monitoring and investigating event triggered automation(2014) Bertrandsson, Martin; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)In TeliaSonera, IT Operation is working on consolidating ticket and monitoring tools with a common ITIL based system called IPcenter. Today, IPcenter is serving as an umbrella system for other monitoring tools. Next step is to implement the monitoring module called IPmon and replace the other tools. Transformation Automation Application (TAA) was a project assigned to investigate how to best implement this new monitoring tool from an application operation perspective. TeliaSonera wanted to investigate how the new tool worked and how to set up standard and custom application alarms. IPcenter also provides automation features that can reduce reoccurring manual work and incident downtime. The project aimed to find candidates for automation in a series of workshops together with the application operation teams. The workshops resulted in some new automation, mainly reducing manual work in IPcenter administration and ticket handling. The risk of restarting a process or system automatically is often greater than the time saved on the automation. If there is a reoccurring problem with an application, then the bug needs to be corrected by the vendor. The overhead and time spent creating such automation could take longer than the actual bug fix from the IT system vendor. Beside event triggered automation, the focus for this thesis was to dissect and analyze the monitoring tool IPmon in IPcenter compared to existing tools and to add application alarms on a couple of test systems as a proof of concept. During this work the project group found that the system provides good network and server infrastructure monitoring but lacks good support for application monitoring in complex environments. Furthermore it had no support to add custom alarms/scripts. These findings eventually led the vendor to change existing monitoring modules and also to develop a new module that now provides an interface for adding custom scripts. The findings made in this project will be used in another project that will carry on implementing IPmon.
- PostÄrendehanteringssystem på web(2014) Nilsson Hansen, Johan; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Datakraft i Småland AB is a company located in the Gnosjö region who sells and develop business system for companies. If a customer is in need of support there currently is no system available for managing this. So to make it easier for both the customer and the company, they now want to develop an online based system for support management where the customer can create new and read existing errands. In this thesis the planning and development process of this project is described in great detail. The thesis also presents evaluations of methods for securing and optimizing the system. The result of the project is a secure and rapid system consisting of a web application, a web service and a database who together offers all the functionality needed for a support management system.
- PostAutomatiserade GUI-tester med Selenium(2014) Haddad, Josef; Helmersson, Martin; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Software testing is used to ensure the quality of software. The purpose is to verify the system requirements, find bugs and reduce the risk to release a system that contains errors. Large parts of a system can be verified with different tests and test methods. However, it is not possible to test all the different test cases, a fact which is accepted by the software industry. This thesis aims to develop an automated test suite for the Swedish Tax Agency for registration of crimes, RIF. The test suite should test the graphical user interface. The Tax agency's tester verifies continuous the user interfaces but it takes a long time and is given lower priority by other tests. Tax Agency's claim was that the test tool Selenium would be used. The work was done in the Swedish Tax agency office in Gothenburg. A test suite was developed with positive results from the Tax agency. Selenium as a tool was evaluated and the possibility of replacing manual testing towards automated. The project demonstrated that it was possible to automate the navigation through the system and manage the system's inputs. Selenium was experienced during the project provides as a simple and powerful test tools. Some parts of the Swedish Tax system is still being checked manually, since the test suite is not evaluated to completely replace the tester.
- PostAutomatisk Animering(2014) Grönberg, Adam; Trakossas, Andreas; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)This report describes the function and process behind an application thats been developed. The application takes in a sequence of images together with a common background. It then generates the images that are required to create an animation where the objects in a image moves toward the object in the next image in the sequence. The application can then convert these images to a video clip.
- PostAUTOSAR Application Visualization(2014) Stolpe, Mikael; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)AUTOSAR is a very large development partnership and its standards are used in the automotive business. More specifically, AUTOSAR holds a Software Component Template which describe rules that govern application1 design in the AUTOSAR domain. Applications created using the Software Component Template can become enormous and difficult to interpret by only looking at the code. Therefore, alternative methods to look at the application are desired and one such method is creating a visual representation of the design. The report describes one way of implementing such a representation by using Zest, a graph-based visualization toolkit for Eclipse, as a framework. The tool was developed at the request of ArcCore and is therefore integrated into their software the Arctic Studio platform and developed as an Eclipse plug-in. It is realized using the MVC pattern and an agile work approach was used. The visualization tool uses a parsing method which can handle larger applications with ease. Furthermore, the tool focuses on using navigational abilities as a preferred method of simplifying the understanding of the application rather than creating advanced layout algorithms. The tool presents the application in a manner which allows the user to navigate through the application in several ways. It introduces the concept of following a connection through the application which could be used to locate different connection points and confirm correctness or locate errors in the application design.
- PostBlockdrivrutiner Implementering av en drivrutin utanför Linuxkärnan(2014) Hugo, Henrik; Kurkimäki, Alexander; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Ilait, a hosting-company in Kungälv was searching for a driver in userspace in Linux with the ability to mount images from their own blockstorage-solution called IVBS with the use of a client-program. What is needed to make this work? Within this report the reader will find information on how with the help of Google’s own programming-language called Go, NBD, a http-server that receives JSON and mounts images to an existing blockstorage-solution with the use of the driver is implemented. To make this work in Linux, knowledge about how the Linux-kernel is operating and having the driver run in userspace is needed.
- PostEmotivation En applikation för att öka Hälsa och Känslomässig Medvetenhet(2014) Simonsson, Gustav; Merlander, Henrik; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)This report covers a project that involves further developing of an existing Android application. The purpose of that application was to offer a variety of tools in order to help people improve their health. The tools that existed in the application used a local database. In this project the tools have been modified to instead use a central database. A desktop application was created to let the administrator easily update the content of the application. It connects to the database and allows modification of the questionnaire that the Android application uses to ask the user about her recent emotional experiences. An emotion-map was created, where the user can highlight parts of the body where she has been feeling strong sensations in conjunction with an emotion. There existed a sound-player that was able to play locally stored guided meditation tracks. It has been further developed and is able to stream files from a server. All the tools have been given the ability to be used offline in some way, this has been achieved differently depending on the tool.
- PostExploring the Elixir Ecosystem Testing, Benchmarking and Profiling(2015) Karlsson, Sebasthian; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)The success of a new programming language is to a large extent determined by the quality of its ecosystem. Among the most important parts of any given ecosystem are tools for testing, benchmarking and profiling code. This paper explores the tools available for Elixir, a new language targeting the Erlang virtual machine. A hands-on approach is used, by using these tools to develop and incrementally improve a fast Fourier transform algorithm. The final goal is a fast Fourier transform implementation fast enough for a real-time vocoder. Between the first and the last iteration a ten-fold increase in speed is achieved. While it is still not fast enough for a real-time vocoder, it demonstrates the utility of the development tools available in the Elixir ecosystem.
- PostGemensam kodbas i C för mobila plattformar(2014) Svensson, Olle; Törnquist, Robin; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Development of smartphone applications involves different programming languages for different platforms. Because of this, there is an interest in solutions where code written in one language is used on multiple platforms. This report examines the possibility of a mutual core of code in the programming language C as a solution to the problem. The purpose of the examination has been to determine suitable functionality for the mutual core. The basis for the examination has been three different areas of functionality. Problems identified during the examination in combination with the purpose of the mutual core were used to develop guidelines for suitable functionality. If the purpose of the mutual core is to reduce the time of development, a mutual core was considered as not suitable. Otherwise, a mutual core was considered as suitable if standard functions offered by the C language were used exclusively.
- PostILLUMINATION - The development and implementation of lighting concepts into a physical car(2014) Roxvall, Fredrik; Johansson, Markus; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)
- PostILLUMINATION The development and implementation of lighting concepts into a physical car(2014) Johansson, Markus; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)This report covers the exploration of how illumination can be used in cars to create customer value and affection. The work was conducted at the Department of Body and Trim at Volvo Cars in Torslanda, Gothenburg and featured an interdisciplinary approach that mixed computer- and design engineering. The project was launched as a step in Volvo’s ambition to become a premium car brand in an industry where illumination is by many considered a forgotten area. The purpose was to generate and implement innovative interior and exterior concepts into a car that would serve as a source of inspiration and discussion for personnel at Volvo. The work was introduced with a pilot study, aiming to narrow the scope and create a more specific theme when later generating ideas. This phase resulted in one design- and one technical vision that stated that the light in the car should express life, temper and character, resulting in a vehicle that felt intuitive, respondent and alert. The following idea generation phase included several workshops and discussions with people inside and outside Volvo and resulted in a total of 24 ideas of which 12 were built into a final demo car named Strix. These built in concepts blended small function oriented features, such as a buckle finder, with large conceptual visions that involved analysis of how future car driving would be like. The lighting techniques used in these concepts included Power LEDs, optical fibers, photo luminescent pigment and different light transporting mediums. Looking at the final result, the Strix project was perceived as successful. While not all objectives defined at the start could be fulfilled, the general impression was that the project succeeded in its stated main purpose, i.e. creating inspiration and discussion at Volvo. The automotive industry has a long way to go when it comes to taking advantage of the possibilities with illumination, but Volvo has started the work and the concepts demonstrated in the Strix might very well develop into something that is implemented in future production cars.
- PostKalibrering av ljussensor för Parans solpanel(2015) Svedberg, Pär; Åkergren, Oskar; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Parans Solar Lighting, a company based in Göteborg, have developed a solar panel used to bring sunlight indoors, by focusing light into optical fibres. A photosensor is used to adjust the panel’s direction, in order to maximize its intake of light, and the necessary calibration of the photosensor was previously performed manually. This degree project report describes the development of an automatic procedure for the calibration of the photosensor, and focuses on two main problems. The first problem was the development of an algorithm that performs the calibration, using values of measured luminosity, and the second problem was to find a communication solution to transfer these values from the illuminated room to the panel. The project resulted in a calibration software application and two suggestions of solutions regarding the communication, where the solar panels fibre cables are used as communication medium.
- PostLoadVisualizer Övervakning av maskinsystem i webben(2014) Sjölind, Viktor; Skjutar, Kristoffer; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Machine systems are constantly evolving. Performance is increased and new security features are implemented. However, improvements regarding maintenance is not evolving at the same pace. Machine owners often lack about the load information of the di erent parts in their machines. Since maintenance is expensive, this is starting to become a problem for machine owners. LoadVisualizer is a project that aims to solve this problem in three steps. The first step is to create a device that collects data from the machines and then transmits the collected data to a server. Secondly the server saves the received data in a database. Finally the information is processed and presented to the user via a web interface.
- PostMarin Autopilot med smarttelefon-applikation(2014) Engdahl, Jacob; Fritzner, Patrik; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)En marin autopilot har i uppgift att kvarhålla en given kurs, oberoende på hur de yttre förhållandena ser ut. En autopilot består i stora drag av tre huvudkomponenter: sensorer, navigationsdator och styrmekanism. I projektet ska nya möjligheter med att skapa ett nautiskt automatiskt styrsystem genom praktisk tillämpning av enkla medel behandlas. Målet är att utveckla en körbar prototyp och programvara som automatiserar styrningen för en fyra meters båt. Ett nytt motorfäste konstrueras där styrmekanismen som styr primära motorn (MotorGuide) integreras. Styrmekatronik som används inom projektet är: mikrokontroller, motorkontroller, lägessensorer, trådlös mottagare, dc motor, samt diverse kugghjul och växlar. En Android applikation utvecklas, med gränssnitt och integrerad navigationsdator för en fristående reglering. Regleringen sker i form av en logikdel med PID-reglering vilket innebär en strävan efter att reglera utsignalen mot samma värde som börvärdet. I en autopilot kan börvärdet definieras som kursen som ska kvarhållas. Det diskuteras kring hur lämpligt vald systemdesignen är avseende placeringen av navigationskritiska moment, vilket nu hanteras i en smarttelefon, där information överförs trådlöst. Resultatet är en komplett autopilot prototyp med tillhörande Android applikation. Android applikationen fungerar som plotter och navigationsdator. Gränssnittet utgörs av sex olika aktiviteter som gör det möjligt för användaren att skapa nya färdvägar, manuellt styra båten, samt automatisk styra båt efter angiven färdväg. En realtidsuppdaterad färdväg illustreras på en geografisk karta under automatisk styrning samt när en färdväg sparas.
- PostMobilt Elektroencefalografi(2019) Croft, John; Olsson, Christoffer; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Today's technology is constantly undergoing new innovations and evolutions. In keeping with this trend, this project aims to take the well-established measuring technique of electroencephalography (EEG) and create a mobile implementation. The project has been performed at Chalmers. An Electroencephalography (EEG) is used to detect and measure ion currents in the brains nerve cells. These can be measured by attaching voltage sensitive electrodes on the scalp, and is used to determine di erence conditions in the brain, such as epilepsy, coma and brain death. The idea behind the project is that its mobility and availability can open an opportunity for large amounts of data. This large data set can potentially be used to analyse how humans catalogue what she learns, and how varying external stimuli a ects this process. Basic requirements include that it should function as a normal EEG, as well as there should exist a simple way to interact with the software. The project has consequently developed hardware to collect EEG-data, as well as created a GUI for easy use of the system. The project development is unfortunately an un nished product, and some of the initial goals have not yet been completed. The results of the project has resulted in a more in-depth knowledge of what an EEG is, and also the limitations that exists in programming languages and hardware when one tries to create a real time system. The results have been used as a knowledge base for another project, and aims to be used for more like-minded projects in the future.
- PostModulärt web-baserat resursplaneringsverktyg(2014) Lindhén, Simon; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)In this report a resource planner is restructured. The resource planner is used by the company Zetup AB and makes it possible for employees to apply for vacation. The company wants to extend the software but the current structure makes it hard so the system needs to be restructured. A decision is made to develop a framework to separate responsibility between the logic and the visual presentation. The existing resource planner is then rebuilt to fit the developed framework. This allows the resource planner to easily be extended and modified using modules. The framework provides a number of functions to ease database management and handling forms. The framework is not specifically developed for the resource planner and can be used by any site.
- PostPlattformsoberoende apputveckling Vilket är det mest lämpliga verktyget för att utveckla en cross-platform-app?(2014) Berglund, Jonas; Johansson, Anders; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Cross -platform is a method for developing a single software system that is compatible with multiple platforms. Because of all the different platforms in the mobile market and the demand for apps, it is now interesting to be able to develop apps that can run on as many platforms as possible. This report examines which is the most appropriate tool for the development of a cross-platform app. An evaluation of Intel XDK, PhoneGap and Xamarin has been made. Different solutions for the apps back-end were also evaluated. Intel XDK was chosen as the most appropriate tool for the project. An app was developed with Intel XDK together with a back-end containing of a LAMP-server. The goal of the app is to replace the current distribution of advertisement to people’s homes. The result shows that it is possible to develop a cross-platform app in Intel XDK. There are pros and cons with all the tools available and it is therefore important to choose the tool that satisfies the requirements of the product in the best way.
- PostPowerline Communication(2014) Musbah, Mohammad; Vallander, Johan; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)The project intends to reduce the use of resources in the form of cables in trucks by allowing data transfer over existing electrical wiring. It presented a theoretical model of a modem, intended for communication via phase modulation over power lines. The model consists of few components and communication method is full duplex. The model offers the possibility and the opportunity for channel selection in software. From the model a transmitter module, receiver module, voltage regulator and a separate quadrature detector is constructed. Initial tests and checking which were done on these four components showed first that the data transfer between the transmitter module and receiver module worked but the transmission was unreliable, meanwhile the voltage regulator and the external quadrature detector worked and delivered the expected performance. The model is eligible for further possible development and practical implementation.