Browsar Studentarbeten // Student Theses efter Program "Chemistry and biosciences, MSc"
Visar 1 - 6 av 6
Sökresultat per sida
- PostDevelopment and evaluation of Keratin 7/19 serum test for ovarian cancer in combination with biomarkers CA125 and HE4(2014) Levin, Olle; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för kemi- och bioteknik; Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Chemical and Biological EngineeringOvarian neoplasms are one of the most common pathologies among women of all age groups. It has been estimated that up to 10% of all women in the United States will undergo a surgical procedure owing to a suspected ovarian mass during their lifetime, and around a fifth of these women will suffer from malignancy. Early detection of ovarian cancer is crucial for successful treatment and survival. The aim of this master thesis was to develop a Keratin 7/19 serum test for ovarian cancer which in combination with already established biomarkers CA125 and HE4 could increase the sensitivity of cancer detection while maintaining high specificity. Different antibody combinations directed against keratin 7/19 were evaluated as possible candidates for an ovarian cancer serum test based on a “sandwich” type enzyme immunoassay. The combination K7A/K19A showed promising results and was optimized as a keratin7/19 serum test with sufficient technical performance allowing clinical valuation on patient serum samples. The clinical evaluation showed that the test exhibited a surprisingly high specificity and a high discrimination power in distinguishing between benign disease and cancer. Only low concentrations of keratin 7/19 were detected in both benign disease samples and blood donor samples. The test exhibited high sensitivity for ovarian cancer and could possibly be used as a complement to the already established tumor markers CA125 and HE4. However, further evaluation is needed on a larger ovarian cancer population with clear classified tumor grade and stage. Analysis of other types of cancers and benign diseases indicate that additional clinical applications may exist for the test. Obtained results encourage for further studies in bladder cancer.
- PostEffects of Environmental Educations for Organisations(2017) Strand, Lisa; Mleczkovicz, Rickey; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för kemi och kemiteknik; Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Chemistry and Chemical EngineeringThis study investigate what influence an basic environmental education has on an organisation as well as what conditions promotes change. The evaluation focuses on the basic environmental education by Ekocentrum. The main collection of data was done with a survey that was sent to previous participants of Ekocentrum’s education. The survey was completed with seven interviews. The analysis was performed in SPSS and the method which gave best result was comparing mean values. The most important effect of the education found was the change of mindset and the awareness of the environment at the work places. Furthermore, built-on approach of changes were common, instead of more profound changes. Of the different causes investigated, none correlate substantial with the effects of the environmental education. The biggest influence comes from the participants position in the organisation and their level of anticipation towards the education. Besides the investigated factors the setup of the education and the environmental awareness of the management was mentioned in the survey as big influences on the changes made. As this is to be considered as a pilot study there are many possible ways to go through with future studies.
- PostLong-term monitoring of ageing yeast cells using a microfluidic system(2014) Adås, Fredrik; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för kemi- och bioteknik; Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- PostOptimizing Sample Preparation Protocols for Multi-modal Imaging Mass Spectrometry(2013) Dowlatshahi Pour, Masoumeh; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för kemi- och bioteknik; Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- PostResponsive composite system based on poly-beta-cyclodextrins(2013) Memarabadi, Tannaz; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för kemi- och bioteknik; Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- PostSoil Washing: Optimization of acidic leaching of Copper from contaminated soils(2013) Eriksson, Anna; Johansson, Per; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för bygg- och miljöteknik; Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering