Data- och informationsteknik (CSE) // Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
Använd denna länk för att länka till samlingen:
Vi utbildar för framtiden och skapar samhällsnytta genom vår forskning som levandegörs i nära samarbete med näringslivet. Vi bedriver forskning inom computer science, datateknik, software engineering och interaktionsdesign - från grundforskning till direkta tillämpningar. Institutionen har en stark internationell prägel och är delad mellan Chalmers och Göteborgs universitet.
För forskning och forskningspublikationer, se https://research.chalmers.se/organisation/data-och-informationsteknik/
We are engaged in research and education across the full spectrum of computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, and interaction design, from foundations to applications. We educate for the future, conduct research with high international visibility, and create societal benefits through close cooperation with businesses and industry. The department is joint between Chalmers and the University of Gothenburg.
Studying at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Chalmers
For research and research output, please visit https://research.chalmers.se/en/organization/computer-science-and-engineering/
Browsar Data- och informationsteknik (CSE) // Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) efter Publicerad
Sökresultat per sida
- PostSome Graph Partitioning Algorithms based on belief propagation(2005) Onsjö, Mikael; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik, Datavetenskap (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Computing Science (Chalmers)In this thesis project we have focused on a kind of graph partitioning problem com- monly called bi-categorical clustering, however, we also show that all results are easily extended to general graph partitioning. In this problem we get a graph asked to output a partitioning and such that the partitions are of equal (or ﬁxed given) size and so as to minimize the number of edges running between them. The problem is analyzed under an input model called the planted partitioning model since it has been shown that under a uniform distribution all feasible solution are likely to be equally good or very close. Under the planted partitioning model we ﬁnd that it is natural to formulate the problem a bit differently and we therefore propose a new prob- lem, namely the Maximum Likelihood partitioning problem which given the observed graph from the known distribution, aims to ﬁnd a ML solution. Our algorithms are derived using the well known belief propagation method. This method is very well suited for the scenario. Unfortunately, however, it is not yet well understood and therefore we must present our own analysis. Contrary, our research constitutes one of the ﬁrst in-depth analysis of a specialized use of belief propagation. We present linear and quadratic time algorithms for solving the problem and show strong theoretical as well as experimental results. What we ﬁnd is, in short, that when- ever the planted partitioning model is appropriate, our algorithm succeeds to nearly 100%.
- PostEmbedded Grammars(2005) Bringert, Björn; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)This work explores the use of grammars as integral parts of computer programs and presents a number of tools and methods which facilitate such integration. An embeddable interpreter for the Grammatical Framework (GF) grammar formalism, a compiler from GF grammars to speech recognition grammars, and methods for writing multimodal grammars in GF are described. It is then shown how these tools and methods can be used to build multilingual multimodal dialog systems and precise domain-specific machine translation systems for both spoken and written language.
- PostSecure XML file sharing in a JXTA P2P network for inter-organizational industrial collaboration(2005) Mustafa, Muhammed; Wigren, Peter; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik, Datavetenskap (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Computing Science (Chalmers)
- PostDesign and Implementation of an Algorithm for the Strong Exception-Safety Guarantee in C++(2006) Munkby, Gustav; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Exception handling mechanisms provide a structured way to deal with exceptional circumstances, which makes it easier to read a program and reason about it, but cannot avoid the problem that the transfer of control might leave the program in an inconsistent state---resources might leak, invariants might be violated, the program state might be changed. Since client code often needs to know how a program behaves in the presence of exceptions, the exception safety classification distinguishes three different classes of safety guarantees; this classification is used, for example, during the review process in the Boost organization for standardized libraries in C++. Although it is not easy to correctly classify the exception level of a procedure, no tool support was available until now; thus, designers and reviewers had to trace the control flow of a program manually and along all hidden execution paths. In this paper we present the first automated analysis for exception guarantees. The analysis addresses two of the three safety guarantees, the strong and the no-throw guarantee. The analysis is implemented in the BangSafe tool set, which interfaces the Elsa parser for C++ and targets C++-programs. BangSafe itself is implemented in Ruby.
- PostDevelopment of an Integrated HMI-concept for Active Safety Systems(2007) Lövsund, Karin; Wiberg, Andreas; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Today, in the 21st century, progressively more, computing and communication-based technologies are being implemented in cars and the complexity of the driver-vehicle interface increases. The consumers are more sophisticated and expecting more content in their car with higher levels of quality. They demand features that are smarter, better crafted and easier to use. They expect their vehicle to be safe. To increase safety vehicles today will take action to prevent accidents, instead of making the consequences of a possible accident as small as possible. Safety is the guiding principle for Volvo Car Corporation, preventing accidents; through active safety systems are among other, important research areas today. The numbers of such systems will most likely increase radically over the coming years as they are seen as very important to stay competitive. So far every system has been developed as stand alone functions, which if this continues, will lead to unnecessarily complex driver environments. The problem addressed in this thesis, is therefore how to find a holistic Human Machine Interface (HMI), which gives the driver a clear overview and good understanding of the active safety systems. To satisfy more demanding customers, system personalization also needs to be considered as well as its interactivity and flexibility. To meet these goals and to be able to from a user-centered approach develop a design solution we had to through literature study find out; which theories to use to be able to understand driver behaviour and how that influences safety in driving, and what influences the driver in the context of driving. Further we needed to find out which demands there are for HMI in cars, to be able to design for safe interaction and usability. To understand driver behaviours and their relation to in-vehicle systems, we carried out semi structured interviews and questionnaires. The results concerning the drivers’ relation to in-vehicle systems show that most of the drivers do not personally adjust the systems in the car, more than very occasionally, at the same time the majority would like the opportunity to do so for the feeling of control. The result we gained from the study were interpreted and specified into user requirements. These requirements together with our literature background and a competitor analysis were the base to development of two simple prototypes. These prototypes were evaluated with the users, to ensure that the requirements in the context of driving were fulfilled. The results from the evaluation were used to further evolve our design into a final interactive design solution. The conclusions of our study is summarized in statements describing how an integrated and flexible HMI, for active safety systems, together with an intuitive interaction could be designed to meet the consumers and the markets increasing demands of today.
- PostDesign och implementation av en webbsida med tillhörande administrationssystem(2008) Afshar, Madeleine; Podgornoj, Linnea; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)This report describes how the process has evolved during the creation of a new web page for the company Scandinavian Travel Agent DMC. The design methods that have been used are described and also how parts of the webpage have been created by using the design method results. Our reflections around design and functionality are explained and how usability has been our main focus during the master thesis. We also describe how it has been to work with an external costumer and how the tasks constantly have changed and been added as the process has continued. The background to this work is that AB Scandinavian Travel Agent DMC need to improve their current web page. This to give the clients better needed information about destinations, but also to stand out in the competitive travel business. The result is a functioning web page and administration system that has a focus on usability and also reflects the personalized services that the company provides.
- PostDevelopment of a voice commanded HUD interface for an in-vehicle mobile phone application - exploring a technology transfer to the space industry(2008) Gustavsson, Emma; Bergmark, Mathias; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)
- PostTesting a Software Block with QuickCheck(2009) Wang, Jia; Yeoh Shyun, Shyun; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik, Datavetenskap (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Computing Science (Chalmers)This thesis has delivered a prototype to prove that it is technically feasible to test a software block written in C++ with QuickCheck in Erlang. The prototype consists of two parts. The first part solves the message passing communication problem and presents a scheme to translate Erlang messages to C++ objects automatically and vice versa. The second and final part is a QuickCheck state machine implementation with automatically generated test case generators. The correctness of the system under test is established by verifying the expected output signals based on QuickCheck generated input signals.
- PostTechnology Evaluation of future IPTV Services(2009) Magnusson, Petter A.; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)The next home entertainment platform to receive an upgrade is the television. As one of the most important devices in the home today the struggle to provide TVs successor continues. On its journey through the modern world the Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) provides new technology, cheaper transmissions and a better TV experience. Telefonaktiebolaget L. M. Ericsson, being a major part of the telecom industry provides underlying technology for IPTV as well as end-user solutions via service providers. Ericsson is looking towards the future in an effort to improve IPTV as a platform for end-users. This thesis aims to evaluate Ericsson’s current IPTV solution towards the new services that the platform will provide. The thesis sets out to find a new service designed to take advantage of the technology of the platform and meet the needs of the customers with interactivity and personalization. The resulting service then serves as a base for two prototypes implemented using technology provided by Ericsson in an attempt to evaluate the platform as well as to demonstrate requirements for how future services should be designed. From the implementation of the prototypes the thesis reveals potential issues with the current platform in regard to future services. Such problems include the complexity in how more advanced services are developed and the need for in-house knowledge to create them. Ways to solve the problems on different levels are presented, some that adds additional value to the platform in the process. The thesis also presents a way for how to create new services for IPTV called Content Interactive Widgets and how they affect the requirements on the technology.
- PostSpecificering och implementering av en ny modul till webapplikationen aiai.se(2009) Sipola, Christian; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)The main goal of the module was to develop the web application Aiai further to address more users. In this case the task was to expand Aiai to be able to handle companies and not just private persons. The module satisfies the requirements that where set up. The module is now used actively by two big companies. The work with the module will continue after this master thesis is finished to fulfill the additional requests for functions made by the companies. //Sammanfattning// Det huvudsakliga målet med modulen var att vidareutveckla webapplikationen Aiai för att kunna rikta sig till fler användare. I detta fallet var det att utvidga Aiai till att klara´av att ha företag som registrerade, och inte bara privatpersoner. Modulen uppfyller de krav som ställs på den och den har börjat användas i skarpt läge av två stora företag. Arbetet med modulen kommer att fortsätta efter att detta examensarbeteavslutats för att uppfylla de ytterligare önskemål om funktioner som företagen har.
- PostDevelopment and implementation of RecipeKiosk system; Commercial application using open-source and free components(2009) Kim, Elvira; Kim, Evgeniy; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)This report contains description of the design and developemnt process of the RecipeKiosk software system and the choice of software components used for the system realization. The development of the system was initiated by request of JuzySystems AB. The developed system is an interactive kiosk implemented using web-based client-server architecture and consists of hardware and software components. The first part of the report is dedicated to the description of software analysis and design and explains requirements specification, use-cases, system architecture and user interface prototype. For the implementation of system were used only free and open-source software components and the second part of this report describes the choice of components used. Among these components are Google Web Toolkit (GWT), Java Enterprise platform (JEE 5), GlassFish application server, PostgreSQL database management system and two distributives of Linux operating system – Puppy Linux and Ubuntu Server Edition
- PostTowards Reasoning about State Transformer Monads in Agda(2009) Bui, Viet Ha; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik, Datavetenskap (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Computing Science (Chalmers)Wouter Swierstra showed in his PhD thesis how to implement stateful computations in the dependently typed functional programming language Agda. In particular he defined a notion of state which is parameterized by a list of types indicating what kind of data are to be stored in the respective locations. He also showed how to define monadic state transformation over this notion of state. In this thesis we extend Swierstra’s work with two new contributions. The first is to implement a stateful version of Dijkstra’s algorithm for the Dutch National Flag in Agda. We prove some properties of a function which swaps the contents of two locations, an important step towards showing full correctness of the algorithm in Agda. The second contribution is to formally prove (in Agda) some properties about monads suggested by Plotkin and Power.
- PostFace Lift of a Control System for Natural Gas Engines; Redesign of a Cylinder Module (CM) and a Knock Module (KM) in a system for control of natural gas engines(2009) Ahlquist, Ulrika; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)The purpose of this project is to guarantee spare parts of an EMS (Engine Management System for Natural Gas) electronic engine control system for natural gas engines for as long as they may be needed. This is done by redesigning the old system using state of the art components. The redesign will also improve the mechanical reliability of the system. The EMS system is used in several large stationary engines, all being available in several different versions. EMS is used in engines with up to 18 cylinders. This project covers the hardware only, no work has been done on the software. The project is carried out at Hoerbiger Control Systems AB in Åmål and the work follows the V-model for project development. The components in the design have been analyzed so that for the components no specified limits are exceeded and that the functional requirements of the system are satisfied. The redesign of the system resulted in increased mechanical reliability but the functionality of the system cannot be verified until the software has been developed. ----------------------------------------------------------- SAMMANFATTNING: Syftet med detta projekt är att säkerställa reservdelar för EMS (Engine Management System for Natural Gas) motorstyrsystemet så länge som de behövs. Detta görs genom en omkonstruktion av dagens system med nyare och modernare komponenter. Omkonstruktionen kommer också att öka den mekaniska tillförlitligheten. EMS används i ett flertal stora stationära motorer som alla finns i flera olika varianter. EMS används på motorer upp till 20 cylindrar. Detta projekt omfattar endast hårdvaran, inget arbete har gjorts på mjukvaran. Projektet har gjorts åt Hoerbiger Control Systems AB i Åmål och arbetet har följt V-modellen för projektutveckling. Beräkningar på komponenterna som använts i konstruktionen har utförts så att de belastas i det för komponenten specificerade området och att kravspecifikationen för systemet uppfylls. Omkonstruktionen av systemet resulterade i en ökad mekanisk tillförlitlighet men systemets funktioner kan inte verifieras förrän mjukvaran utvecklats.
- PostInteractive Visualization of blog searches(2009) Svensson, Daniel P; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)This report describes the project Interactive Visualization of Blog Searches from research and concept creation to the final implementation results. The purpose of this project was to develop a visual interface for browsing search results from the Twingly blog search engine which intends to simplify the users screening process and encourage browsing. The methods used to develop and implement the search interface and the two final results, the concept and the implementation, are presented in this report. The concept is an ideal description of the proposed functionality and components of the blog search interface developed during the initial phase of this project. Three different concepts were developed and one was chosen for further development, all three concepts are presented. The final concept which was chosen for implementation is an augmented version of an existing interface originally used for presenting album covers in Apple’s application iTunes. The implementation is the realization of the concept and was implemented as a Flash application using the programming language ActionScript 3 and the 3D engine Papervision. The final application implements most of the functionality and graphical content described in the concept but unfortunately suffers from a low frame rate. The main reasons for this low frame rate and proposed improvements to the implementation are discussed at the end of the report.
- PostDeveloping a Single Sign-On System - A Java-based authentication platform aimed at the web.(2009) Jernevad, Henrik; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)A typical computer user today, spends a lot of her time on the Web. As a part of this, she often needs to type her username and password at a dozen different sites or more every day. To cope with this, users typically choose simple passwords or reuse a few ones. This lowers the security of the system and increases the risk of an attacker being able to compromise the user’s account(s). The goal of this thesis is to build a so called single sign-on system which solves these problems. The result is NaviBase, a system based on the Java technology stack, which uses the Security Assertion Markup Language to provide single sign-on services to applications and users. The system consists of two primary components; NaviBase, the server component which holds all information and processes requests; and SamlLib, a slimmed-down implementation of the SAML protocol. In retrospect, a focus on sound development principles and using well known design patterns proved successful and preliminary security auditing suggest the system is sufficiently secure. On the flip side, much time was spent on unplanned activities and the system is somewhat hurt by a lack of focus on usability.
- PostSilverlight Process Designer in SharePoint WSS - Development of a Silverlight 2.0 Process Designer tool with integration in SharePoint WSS(2009) Papousek, Wincent; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Sammanfattning SharePoint WSS är en informationsportal från Microsoft som hjälper anställda att kollaborera och kommunicera inom företaget. SharePoint låter människor dela dokument och filer genom att spara dem på en central hemsida. Detta underlättar kommunikation inom företaget. Silverlight är en teknologi för att bygga Rika Internet Applikationer. Det använder sig av ett plugin i webläsaren som laddar ner Silverlight kod och exekverar den. Det är designat för att erbjuda användaren en rikare användarerfarenhet än den traditionella blandningen av HTML och skriptspråk. Process Design verktyget sammanför dessa teknologier. Verktyget är helt utvecklat i Silverlight och använder out-of-the-box funktionalitet från SharePoint, samtidigt som verktyget ger en rikare användarkänsla till SharePoint som inte kan skapas med SharePoint teknologi självt. Genom att följa ett par integrationssteg så kan Silverlight användas i SharePoint. Med hjälp av Web Service teknologi så kan de båda ramverken kommunicera och dra fördelar av varandra. Fokus på rapporten är integreringen mellan Silverlight och SharePoint WSS. Rapporten evaluerar integrationsprocessen samt Silverlight som teknologi. Integrationen och implementationen kommer att beskrivas, detta för att underlätta utvecklingen av framtida Silverlight applikationer inom SharePoint. ABSTRACT SharePoint WSS is an information portal from Microsoft. It helps employees communicate and collaborate within the company. SharePoint lets people share documents and files by storing them in a central site making cooperation within the company trouble-free. Silverlight is a technology for building Rich Internet Applications. It uses a browser plug-in that downloads and executes Silverlight code within the browser. It is designed to offer the user a richer experience than the traditional mixture of HTML and scripting languages. The Process Designer tool brings these two technologies together. Completely developed in Silverlight the Process Designer tool takes advantage of out-of-the-box functionality of SharePoint WSS. In conjunction the Silverlight tool brings a visual user experience to SharePoint that the technology itself cannot accomplish. Following a couple of integration steps Silverlight can be used within SharePoint. By using Web Service technology communication between the two frameworks is established making them benefit from each other. The focus of the thesis is the integration of Silverlight in SharePoint WSS, evaluating the process and the Silverlight technology. Integration and implementation issues will be outlined that helps development of future Silverlight applications.
- PostWireless Sensor Networks in a Vehicle Environment(2009) Basso, Rafael; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)A wireless sensor network is composed of autonomous distributed sensors that cooperate to monitor physical conditions. In a vehicle these conditions can be tire pressure, cargo temperature, trailer door status, presence detection and others. Furthermore, with this technology available in vehicles, many other applications can be implemented for the truck, driver and dispatcher like remote keyless entry, remote control and much more. The final benefits are safer, securer and more efficient operations. The objective of this thesis work carried out at Volvo Technology AB was to implement and evaluate a prototype solution for wireless sensor networks in vehicles. Volvo has developed the Telematics Gateway, which is a device that is installed in the trucks to collect information from the vehicle, log and send this information to a web portal. Therefore the main objective of this project was to integrate wireless sensors with the Telematics Gateway. The technology chosen for the wireless network is Zigbee. In order to have a complete system, wireless sensor prototypes were also developed. Additionally an evaluation was prepared for the hardware and cost needed to incorporate Zigbee networks into the Telematics Gateway circuit board.
- PostDevelopment of support web applications in .NET For Visit Technology Group(2009) Claesson, Anders K; Dubray, Christophe; Chalmers tekniska högskola / Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik (Chalmers); Chalmers University of Technology / Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Chalmers)Det finns två populära ramverk för webbutveckling för .NET plattformen, båda utvecklade av Microsoft. Det största av dem är ASP.NET Web Forms vilket grundar sig på Windows Forms modellen för att erbjuda möjligheter till snabb utveckling av webbapplikationer. Det andra ramverket, ASP.NET MVC, är signifikant tunnare och lättare att skala. ASP.NET MVC stödjer endast de mest fundamentala HTML-komponenterna i kontrast till Web Forms som levererar flertalet serverkomponenter. Under examensarbetets olika faser har både ASP.NET Web Forms och ASP.NET MVC använts. De har utgjort stommen för arbetet men även kombinerats med tekniker som remoting, dependency injection och object relational mapper för att uppnå en robust applikationsarkitektur. I rapporten förekommer även en jämförelse mellan .NET och Java Enterprise Edition plattformen från SUN på en övergripande nivå. Första fasen av examensarbetet består av vidareutveckling och förbättring av supportverktyget Citybreak Support, utvecklat i ramverket ASP.NET Web Forms. Citybreak Support används av företaget Visit Technology Group för kommunikation med sina kunder. Andra fasen består av utvecklandet av ett mindre Customer Relational Management system i ASP.NET MVC ramverket. Fördelar och nackdelar med dessa två ramverk kommer att diskuteras och utvärderas i denna rapport. Abstract There are two popular web application frameworks for the .NET platform, both developed by Microsoft. One of them being ASP.NET Web Forms which takes the event-driven Windows Forms model approach to rapid web application development. The other framework is ASP.NET MVC, which is significantly more extensible and lightweight. ASP.NET MVC supports only the most fundamental HTML components; in comparison Web Forms comes with several server controls. Both ASP.NET Web Forms and ASP.NET MVC were used in the thesis work during different phases. While these frameworks were the major technologies used, other techniques such as remoting, dependency injection, and object relational mapper were used in conjunction to achieve solid application architecture. A high level comparison between the .NET and Java Enterprise Edition platform is also conducted. First phase of the thesis work consists of further development of the support tool Citybreak Support, developed in ASP.NET Web Forms, used by the company Visit Technology Group to interact with their customers. Second phase includes development of a lightweight Customer Relationship Management system using the ASP.NET MVC framework. The strengths and weaknesses of the two web frameworks are also evaluated and discussed.